Very excited about the progress in my garden (well someone has to be). The
sunflower is doing well after being initially chomped by snails. The fuschia is about to burst into red flowers. The thyme made a delicious addition to tonight's supper of broad beans from my mum's compound, asparagus, lemon, mozzarella and wholewheat spaghetti. Mmmm. The mint is looking sturdy. And the wildflower seeds are starting to germinate.
Only the poor old honeysuckle is succumbing to mildew. I'm watering it LOADS, but I fear the soil is a bit sandy and the mould may have set in for good.
Bought some phosphorous plant foot that I'm adding to the water. No idea if it's making any difference.


Very impressive! If honeysuckle does not thrive, maybe you can dig it up and put it in somewhere with better soil, perhaps along a fence where there are other plants, ie as near as possible to what it gets in the wild.
ReplyDeleteI used to think that plants that thrive in the wild ought to do well anywhere but now I have realised they are just as fussy as other plants really, it's just that the wild in England offers them more of the kind of spots they like to grow, and they still won't grow in the unsuitable ones.
Hope this makes sense....