I spent over an hour in the fabric section, much of it staring into space, trying to picture various shades in the boat and feeling dizzy. I came away with meters of totally inappropriate stuff. It's quite nice, but the wrong size and the wrong colour.
Oh well, at least it was cheap.
But then on the way home I listened to a radio show about the evils of consuming loads of cheap goods (very bad for the environment and for the soul - see also post below about eco-house) so then I felt guilty too.
Gah!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Give it to a good cause. What about that furniture shop on the Old Kent Road run by the British Heart Foundation.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about IKEA. It's a bit scary at the best of times.
That's a good idea. I think I'll give it to the Octavia foundation - that's where I got some lovely fabric. Someone might be really pleased with it. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteafter you listened to the radio show, did you actually feel bad about buying stuff? I know said guilty but how long did that last. I'm always happy buying anything that I'm into. But everyone 's different. If you are looking for Ikea Gift Cards or Ikea Coupons then click those blue links submit your email and you will be on your way!
ReplyDeleteI would be more bothered that I had spent money on something I did not want.
ReplyDeleteI am bothered about that too. I would feel less guilty about consuming cheap mass produced stuff rather than second hand stuff if I had made good use of it.
ReplyDeleteWhat can you do but learn eh?!