Thursday, 20 May 2010

Two times toad

There's a toad in my back garden. He's been there for ages. But this evening I found a larger female toad in my front garden as well. She was a bit too near to the road for my liking, but it's up to her to lead her own life I suppose. (do toads have autonomy?)

As a result of my amphibious friends - I like to think of them as friends - I should have no slugs, but sadly this isn't the case. I found a medium-sized slimy specimen slowly making its way across my pot of mint this evening. Wearing a rubber glove I scooped it up and put it where I'd seen the back garden toad half an hour previously. Hope he appreciates it.

Here are some lovely BBC pages about the Common Toad (bufo bufo).

n.b. just read back on my first ever blog post, almost exactly a year ago. It was about snails. Plus ca change...

No comments:

Post a Comment