Friday, 16 April 2010

A day off that was busier than work

What a day yesterday.

Firstly to Uxbridge Boat Centre. What a great place. Spent far too much money and was charmed by the lovely woman who works there. It's fascinating to see all the boats in the yard too.

Then to my boat for sanding, rust converting, lunch and red oxiding. Balancing precariously on a gunwhale I turned to see a swan a foot away looking at me earnestly.

Then back to London, and South London at that, to the first day of a new photography course. It's run by the brilliant Zoom In. I did their basic photography course last year, and this is the follow on. I've got to shoot two rolls on specific things and get the photos developed before next Thurs. I think I will do some on the theme of shopping as I am going to a jumble sale with my granny in Berkshire tomorrow.

Then in Paddington I apprehended three men who had stolen another man's bike (he was running down the road after them). I asked one of them how he would feel if someone stole his bike (he was riding one). He gave me the finger in response, and then they all cycled off the wrong way down a one way street. I reported them to the police. Seems doubtful they will get caught,but you never know.

I should take the day off work more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment