Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Boat painting

Got a good farmer's tan working on the boat on Sunday. The weather was absolutely fantastic - we've skipped spring and gone straight to summer!

Mine and F's hands are a little the worse for wear after a lot of sanding, but we're on the way to a more beautiful boat.

Now I'm thinking about how I'm going to repaint the boat's name. I want to rename it 68b (or Sixty Eight B) in honour of my mum's family home, the sale of which enabled me to buy the boat. But I'm growing fonder of the name Pinny and it seems churlish to change it.

Here is a picture of the current boat name, taken last summer before the ravages of winter.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think you should keep it as Pinny. It's a nice name for a boat - the sort of name a narrow boat ought to have. You'll have to get a pinafore with narow boats on it from the narrow boat museum shop.

    ReplyDelete