Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Money for nothing (except my soul)

Got paid £45 yesterday for spending an hour telling a woman what I thought about lipstick.

It was one of those interviews where companies pay people to tell them how they can better advertise their wares. I had been chosen after answering many questions about how much makeup I wear, what sorts, how much money I earn, which magazines I read etc...

Felt slightly guilty about taking part (do I really want to let Chanel know how they can better snare people into paying £20 for a lipstick?), but still did it for the money. So much for my morals.

The woman from the company opened the interview by asking me to tell her a bit about myself. I looked blank as I always do when people ask me that, so she prompted me by asking a few more questions: "what do you get up to in your spare time? Do you have any hobbies?" she asked.

I think she was a bit taken aback when I told her that I have a narrowboat I'm doing up. Not the usual Vogue-reader's pastime perhaps?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you will find yourself featured in an article soon about the best look for narrowboating (apart from a greying beard, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least it was chanel. Someone I know (no names) did one for (whisper) Tesco...

    ReplyDelete