Sunday, 14 February 2010

A winter weekend

Got new doors for the boat!! Martin Kedian is as good as Mortimer Bones said in her post a while back . All I need to do now is paint, varnish and fit them. I chose to pay less and fit them myself, but Martin very kindly explained how to do it, provided sealant, screws etc and said he would help me if I got stuck.

The new curtains also look great in the bedroom (see picture below). I've still got to finish the curtains for the saloon and the blind for the galley, but at least I feel reasonably confident that they might actually look reasonable.

We had a lovely walk around Hambleden yesterday afternoon. Went to a jumble sale in the village hall and bought a shirt. Saw lots of pretty snowdrops, some inquisitive bullocks and farmers spraying steaming manure on fields. Much more interesting and picturesque than it sounds...

Then we had a few pints in the Flowerpot. Frank watched Ireland get thrashed by France in the rugby and I played with a huge ridgeback and some tiny excited puppies by the roaring coal fire. Lovely!
The bedroom:

The cows:


The manure on the fields:

Snowdrops:

The Thames at dusk:

No comments:

Post a Comment