What on earth is the point of renaming it, except to pay some consultant a fortune designing a new logo, paying a fortune to get more headed notepaper, etc. etc. Obviously they have money to burn and should be spending it on better things. Like canal maintenance!
It's changing its status to a charity (due to cuts in Govt funding I think) hence the idea of renaming it. However it seems most people agree with you and wonder why the name actually needs to be changed. I voted to keep it the same on the site!
What on earth is the point of renaming it, except to pay some consultant a fortune designing a new logo, paying a fortune to get more headed notepaper, etc. etc. Obviously they have money to burn and should be spending it on better things. Like canal maintenance!
ReplyDeleteIt's changing its status to a charity (due to cuts in Govt funding I think) hence the idea of renaming it. However it seems most people agree with you and wonder why the name actually needs to be changed. I voted to keep it the same on the site!
ReplyDeleteHere's an explanation of the funding situation http://www.waterscape.com/features-and-articles/news/2934/waterways-funding-announced
ReplyDelete