Can't wait to get down to the boat this weekend. The weather promises to be sunny, after 3 days of winds and rain.
Mind you, I can't really complain about the weather. On Monday I was enjoying 27 degrees-worth of bright sunshine in Leptis Magna, Libya. I was working at the weekend doing teacher training for doctors but had the Monday free.
On Tuesday we had to fly home in a sandstorm! The BA cabin crew were very reassuring. One of them told us about a time his plane was trying to land in Cairo. The visibility was so bad they nearly had to divert to Alexandria. He was getting more and more anxious, sitting by the door, looking at the emergency exit handle and remembering his drill, when all of a sudden the door disappeared. So much sand had got into the cabin via the air conditioning that he couldn't see his hand in front of his face.
I felt quite calm when I could clearly see the palm trees waving in the wind from the cabin window.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
At least you'll never have that problem on the boat....
ReplyDelete