Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Africa and the East End

I went to a fantastic Lebanese cafe today called Le Comptoir Libanais that had great North African decor. The walls are covered in huge pictures of Lebanese sweets, and the knives and forks are held in old chilli tins.

The boat is also going to be African themed (South, North, whatever, I'm not fussy), and here are two cushions and a curtain I made today for it. The Obama one is from some fabric my brilliant sistaire bought me in our favourite shop in Cape Town. The next pic shows the back with the limo. The red rectangle is a lovely Algerian picture frame Frank bought me. He put in the picture of me, which was taken in Bulgaria.

The floral fabric I bought in a great shop just off Brick Lane in East London. It's run by a Jewish family who have owned it for about 100 years. They have a huge black and white pic of their whole family standing outside the shop in about 1925. It's really near where my granny was born in 1906. She's ill in hospital at the moment. We don't know if she'll make her 104th birthday on 13th Feb.



No comments:

Post a Comment